Dogs recreate a lot of jovial moments when they interact with human beings. Walking along with a doggy in a park will fetch us lot of excitement, good physical activity , social interaction will progress for depressed persons who are left abandoned. Deceased patients whoare suffering from health ailments, previliged children and senior citizens require special attention care, a helping hand who can understand them and take good care of them. Dogs portray a significant role in assisting them to do scheduled work.
Dogs belong to the canine group.They are carnivorous animals most fondly of meat. They discharge many duties and are helpful to mankind – hunting,herding,pulling,protection,assisting police officers in military and army(Sniffer Dogs) detect any bomb explosion or culprits involved in misdeeds.Dogs posses ability to perceive information and retain knowledge to solve problems, Dogs are capable of reacting to human body language such as gestures and understand voice commands.They have advanced memory skills. There are a wide variety of dog breeds available in the market – German Shepherd, Labrador, Golden Retriever, Rottweiler, Beagle, PitBull,Bulldog,GreatDane, Dobberman, Poodle, Dachshun, SiberianHusky, Alaskan Malamute, English Mastiff, Pomerian, Pug, Chihuahua, BOXER, Chow Chow, Vizsla, Border, Pug, Yorkshire Terrier, Grey Hound, ST.Bernard, Pointer, Lhasa Apso, Cardian Welsh Corgi, Basset hound, Great Pyreness, Sheep dog.
Senses – A dog uses its sense to detect wat is going on in the environment.
Sight – They are very keen and enthusiastic to trace movements from a far away distance. Herding dogs such as Australian Kelpie are very active and rapid in responding to a slight change of movement in the herd of sheep.Dog trainers and owners should mandatory teach a doggy how to react violentally in chasing burglars who commit crime.
Hearing – They Posses good sense of hearing. They can catch high frequency sounds which humans cannot reach.We can teach dogs how to respond to a whistle and frisby, ball activity games to keep them fit and healthy.
Smell – They smell the scent that other dogs left behind in the nearby park or street. Dogs can trace out a yummy meal prepared by his master which is hidden in the kitchen.
Taste – Dogs are capable enough to distinguish a wide variety of tastes and they have clear preferences for particular type of food.They use the tongue to push scent particles up into the roof of its mouth were it has a special sensory organ called the vomerasal organ. They use this organ to detect information about mating.
Touch – Dogs urges for humans gentle touch,care affection and friendliness.
Communication – they use sense of smell as a tool to communicate with each other, dogs use body language for their communication If any dog appears bigger or taller in appearance it is regarded as dominant.
Territory – A dog defends its territory which is important for its survival.
Hierarchy – Wild dogs in forest hunt as a pack to capture prey and distribute food to its kin.Humans and dogs are best companions as both of them grew up together and can understand each other behavioural patterns.
Barking – It is a sign of fear, frustration,anxiety.
Yawning – To stress out and to feel relaxed to kick start the day.
Jumping – Puppies and adult dogs bump on thieir trainer or owner to exhibit their joy and enjoy pampering from them.
Begging -Dogs are fond of food very much, but it should not be encouraged as it might alter the mutual understanding between master and his pet.Kids should not give plenty of treats to dogs as it may lead to health hazards and ultimately dogs become obese. Physical activity is compulsory for dogs to be healthy and active , they should given meals only at regular intervals with sufficient quantity of pedigree,royal canin or cerely.
PETA(People For Ethical Treatment Of Animals) is an American animal rights organisation. It is the largest animal rights group in the world. It is based in Norfolk Virginia – led by Ingrid Newkrik. It was founded in March 22nd 1980. It operates under simple principles that animals are not meant for food, clothing, experiments and entertainment purpose. They promoted an understanding about the right of all animals to be treated that utmost respect and deep caring.
PETA was launched in Mumbai January 2000 It primarily focuses on areas were the animal are brutally suffering in food, leather industries and Laboratories. It also does a lot of animal rescue works, special events, celebrity event, National media coverage which leads to drastic improvisation in the quality of life and safeguard them from intruders. Huge number of celebrities from both Hollywood and bollywood supported the PETA activity campaigns – Aishwarya Rai, Alicia Silverstone, Amy Jackson, Bill Clinton, Dennis Rodman, Iggy pop, John lynch, John Abraham, Jaqualine fernandes, Sunny Leone, Imran Khan, Shilpa Shetty, Lara Dutta and Arjun Rampal.
Bluecross is an animal welfare society founded by India Film actors Akkineni Amala in 1992. It was recognized by Animal Welfare board of India. It provides home for abandoned, helpless, street dog, Small pets, Injured Cows and Horses.
It is always appropriate to feed your doggy a balanced healthy diet according to their breed and age. Royal Canin is a Global leader in Pet Nutrition. Pedigree possess a wide variety of dry food, wet food, treats for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- Carrots – Both Raw and cooked carrots and safe for the dog to consume. They provide a good source of vitamins, Minerals, Fibre this makes them healthy and active. Before feeding them Cu the Carrots in to bit size pieces to prevent choking.
- Eggs – They are highly nutritious diet they contain vitamins, minerals, proteins. Raw eggs are not good for health, as they contain salmonella bacteria which makes the dog sick.
- Salmon Fish – The Fish which is cooked and boneless is safe and it’s a healthy diet. It offers a great source of omega 3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation, may keep the dogs skin beauty and fur healthy.
- Blue berries – It contains disease fighting, anti oxidants, Vitamins, minerals, fibrewhich are beneficial for dogs health. They are low in calories but they make an excellent health conscious treat for dogs.
- Pop Corn – They can eat Popcorn as an occasional treat as long as it does not contain extra ingredients like butter and salt. Kernels may struck in the dog teeth so you only offer fully popped kernels.
- Pineapple – It is rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre making an excellent snack, excess intake of this fruit causes nausea, diarrhea.
- Water Melon – It should be given without seeds to the dogs. It is rich in Vitamin A and C.
- Bread – Plain, White or brown bread is recommended.
- Tomatoes – Riped tamotoes are good for health.
- Green Potatoes – They Contain toxic substance solanine which alters abnormal heart beat, muscle weakness difficulty in breathing.
- Gree Peas – It is low in calories contains many nutrients fresh peas should be given to dogs. Not canned nor frozen peas with salt are not good for dogs.
- Oat Meal – It contains Vitamins, Minerals, Fibre. It prevents them from becoming Obsessed.
- Apples – It contains anti oxidants, we should always slice the apple into pieces and offer them and also remove the seeds as they contain a poison cyanide which is lethal upon dogs.
- Chicken – IT should be given occasionally as it contains isothiocyanates bad for dog digestive system.
- Sweet Potatoes – Its IMPORTANT for dog’s good eye sight and immune system. Excess intake of vitamin A can lead to bone problems and muscle weaknes.
- Pork – Cooked pork is good but raw contains bacterial infections.Ham and Bacon should not be fed.
- Cinnamon – Non- toxin to dogs . Large quantities irritate mouth, digestive system, coughing, choking.
- Turkey – Plain cooked turkey is good for health.
- Strawberies and Bananas- it contains vitamins,minerals,fiber, pieces should be sliced minutely to prevent choking.
- Honey – high calories will lead to weight gain ,high sugar content .Milk has lactose pigment , too much intake will lead to vmitings,stomach pain. Harmful Food-
- Lemon – It contains a substance – psoralen which causes gastro intestinal symptons like vomiting,diarrhoea,liver failures, and death may combat.
- Garlic – Contains toxin thiosulfates which damage RBC WHICH makes the dog anemic.
- Avocado – Toxin Persin – poisonous to lungs ,chest, breathing problem.
- Chocalate – It contains a compound called Theobromine ,Caffeine- which leads to vomitings, dehydration, internal bleding,muscle tremors, seizures. And result in death. Coco POWDER IS poisonous to dogs health.
It is the responsibility of the master to clean the bowl of the doggy after the completion of his meal. Regular grooming is necessary for a shiny texture and taking the doggy to a nearby park to stress out which is essential to be fit and healthy which makes them active for a long period.
A lot of dog related-movies have been made by Hollywood and Bollywood industry for pet lovers globally.
- Old Yeller
- Hotel for dogs
- Snow dogs
- 8th Elbow
- Air Buddies
- Bailey’s Bilion$
- Bingo and DR.Dolittle
Entertainment, Halo, Chillar Party, Maa, Dil Dhadkane Do, Water, In Tollywood- Political dog (a short film) and Godavari. Gone To the Snow Dogs is a top rated you tube channel exclusively designed for three adorable Siberian huskies Memphis, Oakley Shellby. Their activities , tour schedules, camping and delicious treats area a special attraction in this site. Similarly Topi the Corgi pet videos are creating abuzz in the you tube. They are hilarious, peppy are liked by the people.
Hoping that in India soon this kind of admiration towards dogs increases. We should not hurt dogs and offer them infinity compassion, kindness and affection that’s what they want from us nothing more than that. The organisors are also doing a fabulous job by conducting dog shows every year were different breeds of dogs get together at a place and perform agility test to showcase their skills and win appreciation from the public.
Quotes on Dogs
- They are the heart- touching buddies in everyone’s life
- They have immense magical power to fetch a glimpse of smile on a depressed persons.
- A Dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than u love yourself.
- A dog will shower unconditional love upon you forever up to peaks.
- A Dog can mend a crack in your broken heart.
- Dogs are regarded as man’s best pal.
- They are not our whole life but they make our lives whole.
- The average dog is a nicer person rather than the average person.
- Money can buy you a fine dog but only infinity love can make him wag his tail.
- My dog is my heart-beat.
Yours Bora Anupama