Need more convergence to have a confidence building among the HODs
Dr.B.Janardhan Reddy, Commissioner, GHMC while addressing the officials at the convergence meeting said that all the senior officials of various Government Departments are struggling and striving hard to have more convergence among the officials and there is every need to have more convergence to have a confidence building among the HODs which will have an impact to sort out the issues in more appropriate way and also to learn from each other organization.
The city convergence meeting for the month of March was held at MCME Auditorium, Trimulgery in Secunderabad Cantonment area under the chairmanship of Dr.B.Janardhan Reddy, Commissioner, GHMC, Sri Srinivas Rao, Brigadier , Telangana, Andhra Commanding Chief, Sri Dana Kishore, MD, HMWS&SB, senior officials of Police, Engineering and various heads of all other line departments have attended the meeting.
The Commissioner, GHMC said that this is the first time convergence meeting conducted with the Army officials in their respective area and requested the officials of all the Departments including Army officials to play a very vital role for effective implementation of all the Govt., policies and programmes and also to sort out the issues at the earliest.
The Commissioner further stated that all the officials must concentrate on 2BHK project to provide all basic minimum civic amenities like water etc., at the projects and also to complete in a stipulated time. He further directed to concentrate more on Jalam – Jeevam “Water Harvesting Pits” which have to be taken up in all the officers of GHMC.
The following are some of the points which have discussed in the meeting:
- GOC profusely praised the unique and innovative efforts of the Govt. of Telangana that have gone a long way in making Hyd. a smart, green, inclusive and a Global investment destination
Emphasized the necessity for cross learnings as well as the Confidence Building Measures
- President Containment requested for assistance of civil Admn in maintaining Trinulggerry roads frequented both by military and civil traffic including traffic management.
- Request for additional water release to both Golconda and Sec Sub areas. HMWSSB agreed and advised GOC to ensure replacement of pipeline to withstand additional pressure. As a short time measure identification of most needy pockets to deploy 8 to 10 tankers for ensuing summer
- Army to appoint a Nodal Officer to be in convergence with Traffic police to sort out traffic management issues
- Sewerage lines of army are being shared with cantonment board and civil Admn like Safilguda area. It is decided to have effective convergence between army, GHMC, SCB & HMWSSB in preparing a Sewerage Master Plan for the City.
- Army is to participate in future city Convergence meetings,GHMC to notify speed limits for various road stretches. 41 Bus Shelters to be shifted / relocated to be done, imp among them is Mehdipatnam Bus Stop
- Box culverts at Care Hospital, Gachibowli & at Miyapur has to be expedited to be in place before next monsoon.
- Important traffic junctions to be flagged and taken up for lane markings.
- GHMC & Traffic police to identify certain stretches where sweeping machines can be deployed without causing traffic inconvenience. Activation of Thursday Convergence meetings at Dy Commnr / traffic police station to take up traffic encroachment issues; ZCs will coordinate.